July 25, 2022 •
To maintain and repair equipment associated with the facility and production. Complete PM’s, facility audits and related project work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to, the following
• Perform preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment and documents tasks performed in the CMMS.
• Repair and maintain plant machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
• Attend and participate in maintenance department and plant meetings.
• Identify ways to improve production methods by observing work processes and working with line personnel.
• Provide technical assistance to the production department in set-up and changeover of production equipment.
• Repair of production equipment: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical failures.
• Use blueprint and machine manuals to troubleshoot equipment failure and select repair parts.
• Perform root cause analysis and document relevant information in the CMMS program.
• Ability to work in a team environment experiencing routine and rapid change.
• Communications with others on very regular basis, Coworkers, Operations, Supervision, Engineering, Safety, OEM MFG, parts suppliers and outside vendors.
• Demonstrate safe work practices and procedures including: LOTO, fall protection, NFPA 70e and all other applicable OSHA regulations.
• Assist in capital improvement projects.
• Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical issues.
• Make repairs in a timely manner, while working under pressure.
• Assist other departments with improvement projects.
• Complete required forms legibly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Possess high school diploma or GED.
• Industrial Maintenance Technician Program diploma preferred.
• Must obtain forklift certification within 60 days after starting job. Prior forklift experience preferred.
• Prior industrial maintenance experience.
• PLC or electrical experience.
• Able to pass required maintenance testing and demonstrate hands on ability and or knowledge in the following areas:
Hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, power transmissions, lubrication, pumps, pipe rigging, mechanical maintenance, operation of shop machines, use of work-related tools, combustion, motors, schematics and print reading, basic AC and DC theory.
Minimum of five (5) years experience in related field, including maintenance technician program or work equivalent. Strong electrical and mechanical experience along with pneumatic and hydraulic hands-on experience. Ability to work unsupervised, self-starter, team environment and able to handle deadline pressure. Must provide own tools. Must possess a valid driver license for insurance purposes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate must have:
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair various plant and production machines and equipment.
• Fabricate various tools, jigs, fixtures, etc. for production, as well as welding and general fabrication.
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance checklists.
• Assures that documentation/record keeping is properly filed.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems associated with work processes by applying job specific knowledge.
• Ability to read and understand various set up/operational diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and manufacturing specifications.
• Knowledge of various machines, their operation and parts; and skill in using work-related tools including their design, benefits, repair and maintenance.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety rules and precautions of various mechanical/electrical systems.
• Allen Bradley PLC’s, 500, 5000, Flex Drives and other systems.
• Ability to read an electrical schematic and use test meters.
• Ability to interface and troubleshoot with a variety of PLC’s.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office Products).
• Must have patience and preservice and be flexible with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to research and cross reference parts.
• Ability to understand blueprints and electrical schematics and describe in detail completed repairs.
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.